Saturday, March 28, 2009

Stamp Club Card


So, we didn't really get much weather last night other than freezing rain, but it is snowing still right now. I did not go to work because I was so afraid of the weather and road conditions. Oh well, better safe than sorry! Today, I cleaned my messy house! lol And I finally got to start stamping about 4 pm. I have managed to get my card done for our monthly Stamp Club card swap! I love how they turned out!! :) I used one of my new Stamping Bella stamps: Yoko and Ono! Here is a mini card tutorial to keep you busy for a bit!:)



Supplies:
Card Stock - Whisper White, and Real Red
Ink Colors - Basic Black and Basic Brown
Stamps: main stamp of your choice, Eastern Blooms stamp set from SU, Fundamental Phrases from SU
Other items - Blender pen from Stampin' Up, paper trimmer, sponge, Stampin' Pastels from SU, Top Note Die for the Big Shot or Big Kick, dimensionals, Snail or some sort of adhesive




Cut your Whisper White card stock to be 6" x 8.5" and fold to be 6" x 4 1/4"
Use your Top Note die with the remaining Whisper White card stock to cut a Top Note die cut
Cut your Real Red card stock to be 5 3/4" x 4". Rough up the edges of the Real Red card stock. I used the edge of my bone folder to rough it up, but you could use any distresser or even your fingernail.

Using Basic Brown Classic Stampin' Pad and a sponge, sponge around the edges of the Top Note die cut. Ink your main image and stamp in with Basic Black on the Top Note die cut. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure all my stamped images were exactly where I wanted them. Then take one of the small flowers from the Eastern Blooms set and stamp it three times with Basic Brown on the Top Note die cut, along the opposite edge from where you stamped your main image. Then take a word from the Fundamental Phrases set (I used Friend) and stamp it with Basic Brown where you want your greeting.

On your Real Red card stock, stamp the flowered tree limp from Eastern Blooms with Basic Brown ink once on each side of the piece of card stock.

Back to the Top Note die cut. Using your Blender Pen and Stampin' Pastels, color in your images with the colors you wish to use. I used Ruby Red, Summer Sun, and Night of Navy. Make sure you clean your Blender Pen between colors by rubbing it off onto some scrap paper. I love using the Stampin' Pastels this way; it makes me think of water colors.

On the inside of your Whisper White card that you have folded, using your 3 flower stamp from the Eastern Blooms set, stamp the image with Basic Brown along the bottom right hand corner.


Using Snail or some sort of adhesive, stick your Real Red card stock to the front of the Whisper White card. Using Stampin' Dimensionals, stick your finished Top Note die cut to the front of the Real Red card stock. Card = Finished! :) I hope this was all clear enough, as this was my very first card tutorial! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment